Spring Break is here, and it is a great time to take advantage of some extra family bonding. If you are planning on spending the week in town, there are many family-friendly activities in Wichita you can explore.
Here are a few local spots that are fun and enriching:
- Take a nature walk at Great Plains Nature Center, observing all the new things that the start of spring brings. You can also feed the turtles and fish along the way!
- Visit one of the many local libraries around town. Finding and reading new books is a great way to reinforce a love of learning. The branches are also hosting many fun activities.
- Pack a lunch and visit the Keeper of the Plains, and take a walk or bike ride by the Arkansas River. Go on an adventure searching for the Wichita Troll that hides close to the trail.
- Have a picnic or a camp-out in your own backyard, and enjoy preparing the food together, collecting nature’s treasures, and studying the stars.
- Finally, don’t forget about memberships to local attractions. Wichita has amazing museums and gardens, and the zoo is always a treat. Even if you already have a membership and have visited in the past, you and your child will enjoy discovering new things each trip.
Also, remember to solicit ideas from your child and discuss them as a family to help include them in the planning process. Enjoy your break and we will see you next week